1. PHOTOCOPY OF IDENTIFICATION CARD OF APPLICANT.
2. PHOTOCOPY OF DRIVING LICENCE
3. ORIGINAL AND PHOTOCOPY OF CANCELLATION, LOG BOOK, RECONGNISED EXPORT CERTIFICATE
4. ORIGINAL AND PHOTOCOPY OF TRANSLATION
5. TRADE INVOICE
6. RECOGNISED GLASS CERTIFICATE BY SUPPLIER
7. MANUAL BOOK / MANUFACTURER’S SPECIFICATION
8. TECHNICAL DATA OF VEHICLE
9. RECOGNISED ROADWORTHINESS / EXPORT CERTIFICATE OF VEHICLE
10. PHOTOGRAPHS OF VEHICLE FROM DIFFERENT ANGLE OF VISION CHASIS / ENGINE.
CONDITIONS ON IMPORTATION OF USED CARS
Ø Approval of Land Transport Department should be obtained prior to importation;
Ø Used cars can only be imported by companies licensed under MISCELLANEOUS LICENSE ACT (Cap 127) for local market only;
Ø Importation of used cars privately is not allowed except for qualified applicants under General Exemption of Section B of Custom Import Duty Order 1973 or any special permit;
Ø Used cars approved for importation privately are not transferable for a period of 4 years. Prior approval of transfer of ownership should be obtained from the Controller of Customs;
Ø The value of used cars for import duty is subject to custom evaluation;
Ø Used cars imported by authorized Company should NOT BE OVER 3 YEARS OF AGE from the date of first registration and of right hand drive;
Ø Used cars imported for applicant in para (iii) above should NOT BE OVER 5 YEARS OF AGE from the date of first registration and of right hand drive;
Ø Imported used cars should comply with the following specifications:-
i. The spaces for front and rear plates of registration number should not be less than (216mm x 343mm or 533mm x 152mm);
ii. The front, rear wind screens and the side screens should be of clear white type.
1. Light penetration on the glass should be more than 70%
2. Safety Glass Certificate should also be enclosed;
iii. Head light should be in white, signal light in yellow, rear brake and side light in red. Spotlight is prohibited;
iv. Used cars should not be modified or added and tyres should be according to the original specifications;
v. Imported used cars over 1000cc must be equipped with CATALYTIC CONVERTER.
Ø Used cars not in compliance with the above conditions or specifications during the technical inspections of the Land Transport Department shall not be licensed and registered. The used cars should be taken out of the facility and are not allowed re-entry.
of the vehicle is subject to technical inspection of Land Transport
Department, Jalan Gadong,
The Above conditions are subject to change from time to time without notice.
Any inquiries, please contact Technical Section, Land Transport Department Headquarters, Tel: 2451979 ext 510